You can permanently delete an Instagram account if you are no longer interested in using this Facebook-owned application.
The reasons someone decides to permanently delete an Instagram account are quite diverse.
Quoting Business Insider, the reason could be because you want to eliminate your digital footprint, take a hiatus from cyberspace, interfere with mental health, or many other reasons.
In fact, the Instagram application does quite a lot of feature updates to bind users. Such as releasing IGTV features, Instastory, live broadcasts, and the newest Reels.
Instagram is also classified as the most popular social media platform with the number of users reaching 1.07 billion worldwide as of quarter 1-2021 according to Statista.
Apart from that, some Instagram users may prefer to say goodbye and not use this application anymore. Here's how to permanently delete an Instagram account citing GadgetsNow.
- Log in to the Instagram app on your phone
- Login with your registered account
- Go to Instagram profile menu
- Select the Settings menu by clicking the three line icon at the top right
- Select Security (security)
- Select Download data (Download data)
- Enter registered email address
- Click Request download (Request download)
- The page will change to the next screen asking you to enter your name and password.
You need to know that requests to permanently delete an Instagram account can only be made via a computer or PC. Other options can be as below.
- Open Instagram in browser via computer or PC
- Visit the permanent delete Instagram account page
- Click the following link https://www.instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/
- Choose the reason why you want to delete Instagram account
- Re-enter Instagram account password
- Select 'Delete username' and confirm account deletion.
Before being declared permanent, your account will be stored in the Instagram system for 30 days. This allows it to be reactivated when the user undoes it.
Reporting from Help Instagram, the deletion process takes about 90 days after the user submits a request to close the account.
The Instagram system will also store a copy of the content from the user's account in the backup storage space to restore in case of device failure or data loss.
That's how to permanently delete an Instagram account that you can do if you really don't want to use it.